Contact Us

Send Me A Message

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
In-person appointment is available, please kindly request in advance.
We do not accept walk-ins.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Do I need an immigration consultant or lawyer for my application?

A: Not necessarily is a short but incomplete answer. Please go on reading.

All the forms you need are available on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada website. 

However, everyone’s situation is different, and questions on immigration forms do not tell you how assessment is being done, or the consequences of minor mistakes that you might make unintentionally.

Plus, IRCC website is confusing with information scattered around, and it is not always accurate.

Q: Do immigration consultants need to be licensed?

A: Yes, 100%. Only the licensed Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs) who are active and have good standing can legally represent clients. You can check their status on College of Immigration and Citizenship Consultants's Website.

However, not every RCIC is authorized to represent you in front of the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (IRB). For some refusals on family sponsorship and PR card renewal, only RCICs with IRB qualification can represent you. They can also represent you on refugee claims and appeal, as well as detention hearings on inadmissibility at the IRB.

While all lawyers who are authorized to practice in Canada can legally represent you, we strongly suggest you find those who specialize in immigrations. You can check their status at each province's law society.

Q: What is inadmissibility?

A: Even meeting eligibility requirements, IRCC refuses and bans certain foreign nationals or even PRs from entering or returning to Canada due to their inadmissibility issues, some for a period of time, some forever. It goes from being in organized crime, lying on immigration forms, having committed crimes in Canada or abroad, to not having enough funds to support themselves in Canada. For details and specific situations, please consult with professionals.

Have Any Questions?
Send A Message